DANEHILL MEMORIAL HALL CONDITIONS OF HIRE:
In these Conditions of Hire (the Conditions) the following terms shall have these meanings:
COMMITTEE: Danehill Memorial Hall Management Committee
HALL: Danehill Memorial Hall, including without limitation, the Hall, entrance hall, committee room, kitchen, store room, WCs, oil storage chamber, corridors, car parks and surrounding areas.
HIRER: the person or organisation that has made the booking.
GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF HIRER
Submission of the Booking Confirmation form means acceptance of these Conditions.
The Committee reserve the right at their absolute discretion to accept or refuse any booking, and whether or not the hire may be for a private function, to refuse admission to any person and to require any person to leave the Premises.
- Hirer, who must be over 18 years of age, shall, during the period of hire, be responsible for the supervision, care, and safety from damage of the Hall, including fabric and contents, and behaviour of all persons using the Hall, including proper supervision of car-parking to avoid obstruction of adjacent highways.
- Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring that all conditions of the Hall’s Licence relating to management and supervision of the Hall are met.
- Hirer shall not sub-let, or use the Hall, or allow the Hall to be used, for any unlawful purpose, nor do anything, nor bring into the Hall anything, which may endanger the Hall or any of its insurance policies.
- During the period of hire, the Events Manager shall be deemed to be acting for, and on behalf of, the Committee, whose instructions relative to these Conditions must be obeyed.
- The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that order is properly maintained during the period of hire, that no inflatable play equipment shall be used, and that no unauthorised or undesirable individuals obtain access to the Hall.
- Non marking soles are required in the Hall.
- No nails, screws, staples or drawing-pins shall be driven into, or tape stuck onto, walls, floors or furniture, and no placards shall be fixed to any part of the Hall.
- Any event involving the sale of alcohol, either by admission ticket or provision of a bar, must be approved by the Events Manager who, on behalf of the Committee, is authorised to refuse bookings or impose conditions additional to those specified in these Conditions of Hire. Alcohol may not be taken outside the Hall.
- Hirer must ensure that the Hall is swept and left clean and tidy, furniture and equipment replaced where found, properly locked and secured, unless directed otherwise by the Events Manager. Any items temporarily removed from their usual positions shall be properly replaced, otherwise the Committee reserve the right to make an additional charge.
- In consideration for the Hall’s neighbours, the Hirer shall ensure that noise is kept to a reasonable level at all times and that users leave the Hall quietly and in an orderly manner.
- Before leaving the Hall, the Hirer must tidy up, and sweep the floors and entrance hall, wipe down kitchen surfaces and place all rubbish in the bag liner in the kitchen dustbin, so that the Hall is ready and clean for the next user* and check that all windows and doors are secured, taps closed and all electric lights switched off.
- *Information: there is a large, folding, sweeping mop for the Hall floor in the doorway to the disabled WC, and a mop, dustpan and brush in the cupboard by the kitchen entrance door.
- The Committee give no undertaking that the Hall will/will not be hired for a similar purpose on another occasion nor that any other part of the Hall will/will not be let at time of hiring.
- The Hall’s policy is that normally no bookings for private parties for those aged between 14 to 21 years inclusively, will be accepted, without approval of the Committee. If the Committee accepts such a booking, a refundable deposit will be required at time of booking.
- The Events Manager, as 1st point of contact, will provide information/guidance for Hirers.
INJURY OR DAMAGE
- Hirer is responsible, and liable, for injury to any person, or damage, or loss to any part of the premises or to any equipment, fixture, furniture or chattels of any sort therein: the reasonable cost of such injury, damage or loss, including consequential loss, shall be assessed by the Committee and paid to them by the Hirer on demand.
- The Committee accepts no responsibility or liability for any item of property left on the premises by the Hirer or any person participating in or attending the function.
- Hirer must insure his liability described in Conditions 15 and 16.
- Hirer should familiarise himself with the Health & Safety guidelines, in the Hall entrance.
- Hirer should notice the position of all fire extinguishers in the Hall.
- Access to all exit doors and fire extinguishers must be kept clear at all times.
- No combustible substances shall be brought into the Hall.
- Any electrical equipment brought into the Hall for use by Hirer shall have a “PAT” label.
- No unauthorised testing appliance shall be used on the premises without the written consent of the Committee.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the Hall, at any time.
- Use of smoke machines is not permitted in any part of the Hall at any time.
PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS
- Hirer shall be responsible for payment, within 14 days of demand, of all charges properly made under the Committee’s published scale of charges, plus any additional charges made under Conditions 9, 13 or 28.
- If the Hirer wishes to cancel a booking before the date of the event, and the Committee is unable to conclude a replacement booking, payment or refund of the fee, or any part thereof, shall be at the discretion of the Committee. The Committee reserves the right to cancel a hire in the event of the Hall being required as a polling station for a parliamentary or local government election or bye election or any other justifiable reason, in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any fee already paid.
- Hirer must vacate the Hall by the end of the agreed time of hire. The Committee reserve the right to charge for any use of the Hall beyond the period of hire booked by the Hirer. If additional time beyond midnight on the final day of the last day of the period of hire is taken without previous agreement by the Committee in writing, the extra time will be charged at twice the hourly rate.
- Hirer shall ensure that any activities for children and vulnerable adults comply with the provisions of the Children Acts of 1989 and 2004 and the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, and, that only fit and proper persons, who have passed the appropriate disclosure and barring service checks, have access to children and vulnerable adults. The Hirer shall provide the Committee with a copy of their child protection policy on request.
- The Conditions include the responsibilities placed on Hirers of the Hall by Wealden District Council, when issuing the Hall’s Premises Licence. If the Hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of the Conditions, the Events Manager should be consulted.
- The Committee reserve the right to amend the Conditions at their absolute discretion.
By order of the Danehill Memorial Hall Management Committee, February 2020